Monday, December 8, 2008

EPILOGUE

Shipmates,
I first want to say thanks for keeping up with this story, as it's been life-changing for me.

Some final thoughts:
1. If we don't do our part in this War on Terror, then our folks on the ground can't win. That means everyone from the supply personnel that sends the bullets and the beans, to the EOD that disarms IEDs, to the parents that cheer on their sons and daughter from afar.
2. We have to accept that in order to win this War on Terror, we have to think outside our ricebowls, and be able to work together jointly, across departments, and across nations.
3. We can't rest on our laurels in the C-IED fight. We have to out-think the other guy ALWAYS.

To my brothers and sisters on the ground and on the high seas, thank you for raising your right hand, and swearing to support and defend our Consitution, and our right to live in freedom.

To my family and friends, your support during this experience has energized me to push forward, and to never accept the minimum.

To my Shipmates that I've served with and are still "out there", stay safe, keep up the good fight, and get home!!!

Nos vadum non falter , nos vadum non deficio...

SEMPER FORTIS!
-BEAR-

2 comments:

SZH said...

Well said! Congratulations and welcome home! BF and PP

Katie Miller said...

Sir,

My name is Katie Miller. I was stationed with you in Al Asad. I would like to touch base with you if you are not too busy. (m144536@usna.edu)
V/r
Katie Miller