Friday, November 28, 2008

MISSION COMPLETE


Shipmates,

Much has happened in the last couple of weeks...for the better in alot of ways.

The transfer of security of Al Anbar province to the Iraqi Security Forces (ISF) accomplished many goals. As our CG put it, "we have all but peace here now". There is still violence, but our Marines and Sailors have now quieted much of the gunfire.

Is the overall mission over for our brothers and sisters on the ground? Not yet...terror and IED's are still the weapons of choice for many.

What this transfer has allowed for is a reorganization of forces, and the chance for me to come home. I recieved my Theatre Release Letter a few days ago.
There are many folks back home that are happy that I'm coming back...but I can't (and WE can't) forget those that are still out there, accomplishing the mission.
This story isn't over quite yet...but the book on Bear's travels is starting to close.

I'll have more soon.
SEMPER FORTIS,
BEAR

1 comment:

SZH said...

we are so proud of all you, and those still out there, have done. We are ready for you to come home! Love, BF and PP